dimanche 17 novembre 2013

Entry #6 Comprehension

I have been introduced to english since I was born. Unfortunately, I lost some of my english in certain parts of my life. The good point is that this internship is giving me a motivation in my life to improve my english.

Listening

I always had difficulty to understand voices in general. The main reason is because I have a deficiency in one ear. However I do understand most of what I ear at work. Sometimes I ask for clarification and I'm not shy to do so. Even so, I use all my concentration to understand.

Accent

I think my accent is not too bad. I notice that I add some punctuation to some words for example gÉneral or MontrÉal. Those mistakes are from my native language which is french. I am more comfortable to speak english with the people around me and I'm less shy to make mistakes. 

Fluency

I have more fluency when comes the time to play games with the kids, I'm getting used to the names of games and the rules. For example, skipping rope, tag, memory game, etc. When it comes to ask questions, I still have doubts. I question myself first in my head and then I ask it. I also noticed that I'm getting better with the use of the right words. For example, Turn off the light, to (verb) instead of for, at, etc.

Humor

I don't really know if I'm right but I noticed that many jokes in english come in a question and a specific intonation. For example, I little girl called Kiana gets impatient and she said she was never going to leave the kindergarden. The teacher said: ''Did you bring your sleeping bag at school?'' with and acute voice. 

New words

Crumbs: A little boy named Jaylen was eating his snack and then he comes to me and he said: '' I dropped some crumbs on my head hihihi! ". I didn't know this word but in that situation I understood what it meant. 
Mole: A little girl had a Mole toy and she showed it to me. I ask her what animal it was because I didn't know the name in english.
Hive: "The home of the bees" children told me. There was one in the class.

Im learning every time I go to my internship and I can't wait to practice more!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire