lundi 18 novembre 2013

Entry #7- Dialogues


First meeting with my group (presentation)


 Hello, I'm going to be with you for many weeks to improve my english! I hope you're gonna help me to learn more.

What should I say


Hello everyone!
How are you doing?
My name is Catherine and I'm 20 years old.
  I'm doing an internship in this school to improve my english!
I'm going to be with you every wednesday and thursday for a few weeks.
I hope you are all going to help me and don't be affraid to correct me.
Do you have any questions? =)


Reasons: This situation happened the first day of my internship. I made those mistakes because I was shy and I wasn't well prepared. Next time, I'll go ahead and I'll be fearless! Mistakes make you improve and It's a part of the process of learning a foreign language. I'll use this speech to introduce myself anywhere: at work, at school, etc. 



AH-HA!

When we were outside, I was playing with the kids and a little girl pushed a boy. The teacher came and said: Cienna, you just pushed Liam, did you? I noticed that in english, they use fact and then add did you, aren't you, isn't, etc. I memorized that and I started to pay more attention on how english people form their questions. In french, It's less common to form our questions like that but we can do it even so. I have difficulty to form sentences properly but this gave me another way to ask questions. 

My internship is almost done and I'm surely going to miss it. =,( 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire