mardi 29 octobre 2013

Third day!

Hello!
Last week was my third time in Children's World Academy and here is how it goes.


Interactions


On the third day, I played outside with the kids and I learned a lot of new words and expressions. When I first got into the classroom where all the kids were eating their snacks, they were all excited to see me. I could see that in their body language because they all came to hug me. :) When we went outside, the kids went to play in the "jungle gym". I did learn this word because I asked them what it was called. After playing and interacting with the kids, one of the little girls, Kyana, said: "see you later alligator". This expression was new to me. Also, interacting and listening to their tone of voice (kids speak fast and are sometimes hard to understand) is very helpful to get used to an english environment. 

Observations


I couldn't see a big difference between english culture and french culture, but they are some observations. All the kids are very polite and call every person by their name but they add miss or mister before. 
In addition, the kids are almost all sharing with each other and they include everyone. They are not mean between each other and they are mixed. 


New words and expressions


I did learn of lot of new words. Every time I don't know or I don't understand a word, I ask the kids and they like to help me. During play outside, a child asked me to make a knot because his shoes weren't tied.  Also, they asked me to get a ball on the other side of the fence and to catch them into the jungle gym.
These are few situations where I learned vocabulary but I also learned: hay, clean neatly, see you later  alligator, etc.

The internship is going well so far and I love what I do. Talk to you next week ;)


Here is another drawing for a student called Catherine! What a nice name ;)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire