jeudi 10 octobre 2013

Official day!

Hello Blogger,

Yesterday, Wednesday the 9th was my first official day of internship, I was a little bit stressed but everything went perfectly.


My Observations

First of all, they were very welcoming and they introduced me to everybody in the school. I think that english people are more friendly then french people are. After that, I was placed in the 4-5 year old group. I was pretty excited to be in this group. The main observation I could say is that I had to adapt myself and pay more attention on how they pronounced the words.  I often asked them to repeat what they said because it wasn't clear. 

Language

I did a lot of activities with them, for example, I took the initiative to make a game where I was drawing pictures and the kids had to guess what it was. During this time, I have learned what a dragonfly was. The teacher also read a book where a mouse was tip-tapping and this  word was new to me, as well as tippy toes. We played most of the time in the yard where I learned words like skipping, jumping rope, fence, etc.

Things To Improve

In addition, I have learned to listen carefully and to make sure that I understand what the children were telling me. And also, I didn't hesitate to ask for clarification.

I can't wait to see them again and to learn more! ;)

Catherine


Here is a drawing one of a children made me 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire