jeudi 31 octobre 2013

Entry #4 - Halloween is coming soon


Hello Blogger!

Yesterday was my 4th day of internship and we organized halloween!

Linguistic interference
In my internship experience, I do have some interference between French and English. The first one is called "cognate", which means I say some words in English that are the same in French. Like example, we were putting our coats on and I told a kid to "attach" his coat, but I should have said "zip-up" your coat. I said that because in french, most of the time, we say "Attache ton manteau". Also, I still have a lot of difficulty to place the words in the right place in a sentence especially in the interrogative sentences. Those challenge me and sometimes the children ask me to repeat what I've said. In this case, I try to find another way to say what I have to say. This helps me to listen more carefully how people speak around me. 


Immersion VS Classroom
Learning english in an immersion is a lot different. In a classroom, you have to listen a lot and practice less. But in an immersion you practice a lot and you also listen , but you're in an english environment. For me its better because in a kinesthetic type, which means I need physical experience to understand. In addition, in a classroom, I'm with my friends and I don't always speak in english but in my immersion, I have to communicate in English to include myself.

New words and Expressions
Like I said at the beggining, yesterday, we prepared some stuff for Halloween. The kids and I did some drawing and arts and crafts. Some kids drew a bat, a bale of hay, a scarecrow, etc. In the future, I'll use most of these words around halloween time.



                                                           This is my ghost ;)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire